Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Kids

During the summer Helen is involved with the organization, Koos for Kids, playing baseball. During the winter they sponsor an afternoon out at the bowling alley. Helen had such a good time bowling and hanging out with her friends. She is an awesome bowler, and she was very patient waiting her turn. She can't wait to start playing baseball again, and hopefully her volunteer from last year will be there.
Basketball season is over, Robbie's team ended the season with a record of 7-1. Katie's team didn't do so well, I don't even know her record because she stopped keeping track. Next year she will be playing for her school, I can't wait for that. I love watching them play! Grace's Brownie troop performed at a cheer off. She is loving dancing and doing the whole cheer thing. All the kids have been so busy, it's been crazy!!
Tomorrow starts salads again in Helen's classroom. During the winter months, they make soup. I'm scheduled to help out in the classroom. I have been on jury duty this week, so hopefully I won't have to go in. I have been told they usually don't start trials on a Friday, so I'm guessing I will be able to help. I did get called in the other day, but I knew one of the attorneys on the case, and so, I was dismissed. I did find the process very interesting, too bad I didn't get to see it full circle.
Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how this is going. I'm desperate to find my daughter cute clothes that fit!

Sue said...

Hi Renee,

Sherry and I have hit a road block. We know how important this project is, but we don't want to offer clothes that won't fit well. I know all to well how difficult it is to fit our special kids, We are very eager to solve the issue. Thanks for checking in with us.

Sue