Thursday, November 18, 2010

Time Flies


The days seem to be passing by so quickly, the holidays are upon us! Last week the kids and I went to Helen's school for her Thanksgiving Feast. She and her classmates were busy the day before our visit making pies. They made delicious pumpkin and apple!! It was wonderful to see how excited and happy Helen and her friends got when their families arrived. I gave my camera to Helen and told her to take pictures of her teachers and friends. They thought she was joking around, until they saw the flash! I told them how much she loves to take pictures, she even sets up the shot! She is now the "official" photographer for their classroom. They had the feast last week because this week they are making their famous salads. They will also be making soups this winter. I'm not sure how it all works, but I'm sure I'll get a crash course! Helen loves her new school, teachers, and friends, I'm glad it all worked out.


We have some sort of stomach bug racing through our house, thank goodness it only lasts for a few hours. I can handle a lot of things, but throw up is not one of them. Peter used to clean up the kids and I would clean up the mess that was made. I now have to do all of it, and you would think since the kids are older, it wouldn't be so bad...it is. Night time, bunk beds, it doesn't work so well when your eight years old. Katie is home from school, resting on the couch. Hopefully she will feel better when she wakes up. The other kids got sick, slept, and woke up feeling fine, hers seems to be more than that. At least its not Thanksgiving week!!


The rest of this week and into next, I will be getting my house in order for company. I also need to pull out the winter clothes for the kids. We have had such a mild Fall, I haven't gotten around to doing it. Sooooo much to do!!


Until next time-

Take Care,

Sue

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Oh, Sue.

Helen being the official photographer is a big milestone.

Sue said...

Hi Adelaide,

Helen loves to take pictures! She will take my camera and just click away. One day I'm going to do something about this talent...sooner than later!!

Thanks for keeping up with the blog,
Sue