Friday, December 19, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Helen in our driveway after 11" of snow!

I just heard on the news, we received 11" of snow with more to come tomorrow evening! I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful neighbor, he shovels me out every snow storm we have. He told me he has nothing else to do, he knows how busy I am with the kids. School was cancelled today, the kids got an extra day of Christmas vacation. I was ready for the storm, I got all my grocery shopping done yesterday so I wouldn't have to go out while the kids are home for break. We can hibernate for the next two weeks, that is such a great feeling. Just being able to sleep longer, lounge around in our jammies, and being able to put a pair of comfortable jeans with holes in the knees on, that's the life!

I did much better this year with my planning, last year I was awake until 2:30am finishing up my elf duties. I am ready, I have about an hour of duty this year, so I will be able to get a good night's sleep. Having six kids pumped up about Santa coming can lead to a very exhausting day. The energy in this house is very high and getting higher each day we get closer to Santa coming. Noah has really paid attention this year, he keeps explaining to me how Santa gets here. "Mom, Santa comes here in his sleigh, his reindeer bring him. He leaves toys for us, he's giving me trucks, that's it, just trucks." It is so cute, I usually grab him and give him kisses because he is so cute when he says it. Ted came up to me the other night and asked me out of the blue, "Mommy, do you believe in Santa?" I said, "Of course I do! Why do you ask?" He said, "Okay, no reason." It was as if he had some doubt and just hearing from me that I do believe was good enough for him...oh the power we mom's have!

This is our 3rd Holiday season without Peter, for some reason it is harder than last year. The first year I had so much help from very generous people. One anonymous person bought me a new washing machine because the one that came with our house was not big enough for us. Last year I was given gift cards from both churches, they were from the local grocery stores. This year reminds me of the first Christmas without Peter. There have been some very generous people once again. An anonymous person has paid the kids tuition for 3 months, I was speechless, I cried. I am blessed to have these wonderful people help me out. I hope one day to pay it forward, isn't that what life is all about?

Until next time-

Take care,

Sue






Free Counters



Free Counter



No comments: