Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inauguration 2009

Inauguration day, what a day! I was so moved by the amount of people that showed up in Washington D.C., it brought a tear to my eye. I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who shed some tears that day (on the TV coverage I saw many tears), I thought something was wrong with me. I have watched inaugurations in the past and have never felt so emotional about them. I know this inauguration was different, it was historical, I just never thought I would have reacted in that way. That night as I was getting ready for bed and was listening to the highlights of the day, I realized why I had been so emotional...Peter. He loved politics! He would have loved the race to the White House, and even though he was a Republican, he would have appreciated the outcome. If he had been alive, our family would have been in Washington D.C. watching the inauguration in person. Not only did he love politics, he loved history. Having his children take part in it would have made him so proud. I am hoping and praying President Obama will always put the American people first, and get us back on track.

Robbie made his First Reconciliation (first confession) yesterday, it was a nice ceremony. He will be making his First Communion in May, he is very excited. When he goes to communion now he is supposed to cross his arms across his chest, this lets the priest know he cannot receive communion. He is so tired of doing it, half the time his arms are across his stomach. I think it makes them feel like part of the church when they are able to receive the host like everyone else.

Next week is Catholic school's week so the kids have a busy week. I am helping out at the school on Monday, they are having a carnival, and also my regular Wednesday. We are going to be grilling out hamburgers, I hope we have nice weather. We have warmed up a bit, it has been in the twenties with a chance of hitting the thirties today and tomorrow. Early Saturday morning a cold front will be moving through, hopefully it will be gone by hot lunch day. If not, we will have some pretty cold lunch moms flipping burgers outside. The things we do for our kids!

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue


Free Counters


Free Counter

No comments: