Thursday, January 29, 2009

Strep Throat

This is going to be a quick post today, I am taking Helen to the dentist and need to leave in twenty minutes. I am recovering from strep throat, it started last Friday and got progressively worse over the week-end. I ended up at the emergency room on Sunday night with the help of Sherry and my oldest brother Rick. I couldn't take it anymore, I kept getting fevers and breaking them, I was hot and then extremely cold, my whole body ached, and my throat kept getting worse and worse with each swallow. I knew if I waited the next day to go to the doctor I would have to do it by myself, that wasn't going to happen. I didn't think I had the strength to walk to the car to go to the hospital, let alone drive myself to the doctor. There I was, in all my glory at the ER...pajamas, stinky, hair tangled and matted down in the back, and sweaty from the start of yet another fever break. I didn't care, that's how sick I was. When I looked up from the chair I was sitting in at registration, there was a parent from the kid's school. I thought, gosh, maybe I should have at least brushed my hair, or put clothes on. That thought was then replaced with, you know what...I don't care, I'm sick! I'm feeling better from the strep throat, but now I'm fighting off a cold, when it rains, it pours. The good thing is, I don't have mono, which they tested for in the hospital. My goal is to get my house back in order by Monday, you wouldn't believe the mess! I'm still taking it easy, otherwise the goal would have been by the end of the day. Well, I'm off. I hope everyone is staying well, it's not fun being sick!

Until next time-
Take Care,

PS- a special thanks to Rick and Sherry for all their help, love you guys!

Free Counters

Free Counter


My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. We just recently found your site by searching for clothes. I hope you feel better soon. I have a colleague that ignored strep throat back in October and ended up going into sepsis shock. He was in ICU for almost two months ventilator dependent with a trach and is now in a rehab facility. So I learned that it is not a good idea to ignore it. seems going to the hospital was a good thing to do.

Sue said...

Thank you Joyce, now that I'm feeling much better, I agree. I never knew what could happen if strep was ignored, thanks for sharing. I'm wondering how your colleague could have ignored it in the first place, I thought I was going to die. I hope he is doing better and will be able to go home soon.

Thanks for visiting our blog, I hope you will be able to find what you were looking for in the future.