Friday, October 2, 2009

Coupons

I finally remembered to bring my coupons to the grocery store with me, I saved $14.20! It helped that I stuck to the list. I also used my coupons when shopping at ShopKo, which is similar to K-Mart. I had to buy other things that I didn't have a coupon for, but to my surprise, it was all on sale. I saved $8.25 with my coupons. They don't calculate total savings at that store, but I can only imagine how much I saved. Most things were 60% off, and also buy one, get one 1/2 off. My biggest savings came from Kohl's, I couldn't believe it when the cashier told me how much my savings were. I had to get Ted uniform pants since he sprouted over the summer and I didn't even realize it. While getting his pants, I noticed they also had uniform shirts on sale too, so I bought him a few of those in the bigger size. Since I was there, I decided to check the sale rack for Helen. I found capri stretch pants on sale for $4.20, the length will hit the top of her shoe...perfect! I also needed a few unmentionables...total savings...$80.41! I am quite proud of myself!:0)

This afternoon I am picking Helen up early and we are taking Toby to the kid's school for the pet blessing, in honor of St. Francis of Assisi. I am also taking Robbie's Eeyore, and Grace's Baby Bear. I am a bit nervous about how Toby will act, being a scaredy cat and all. All the kids in the school will be there, along with other pets and their owners. Last year I was bombarded with kids wanting to see Toby, although last year he was just a puppy. I'm hoping for the best, wish me luck.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue..................sorry so short!:0(

No comments: