Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Happy 2010 everyone!! I hope all of you had a happy and safe New Year's Eve, we stayed home. We had a bunch of snack food, and made sundaes...YUM!! I'm hoping the first few minutes of the new year are not an indication of what lies ahead...Toby had an accident on the hallway carpet! It was probably all the excitement, from either it being midnight, or from the treats the kids ate!! It's the start of a new decade, I'm hoping this one will hold a whole lot of happiness, not just for me, but for my family as well. I am also hoping this is the year for It'll Fit'll!! I too have been waiting anxiously for product, Helen looked so cute in those jeans! I don't think she would be able to fit in them now, she has gained some weight. On Christmas Eve day I received a note from her doctor (thyroid), the light went on!! She has had such an appetite lately, well, it's because her medication needed adjusting. She is not getting enough synthroid, so her thyroid is out of whack. One of the signs of hypothyroidism is increased appetite, that is definitely Helen. I am hoping with the increase in her synthroid she will stop eating so much. She was getting into food she is not supposed to eat, all filled with gluten! I have to take her for blood work in a month. I am finding more and more new gluten free products at the grocery store I shop at, it's been wonderful. Betty Crocker has even come out with gluten free products! I made her brownies, they taste just like the regular kind. The problem before was finding a good recipe that didn't taste grainy, for some reason, that was hard to do. It's good to see how far they have come with gluten free food.


We are just hanging out today at home, I've got a turkey in the oven, and I've already made the Greek New Year's cake. That's the cake you put the coin in and whoever receives the slice with the coin in it, they have good luck all year long. The kid's can't wait! Robbie has a basketball game tomorrow, his team has been playing in a tournament this week, tomorrow is the last game. Then it's back to our regular schedule on Monday!

I hope everyone has a good week-end, and again Happy New Year!!
Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

No comments: