Friday, March 12, 2010

Busy Days Ahead

Lately I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed, there is too much paperwork in the world! Since Ted crossed over, there has been paperwork after paperwork emailed to me. The problem with that is, I open it on my computer, but the printer is connected to the kids computer, so I forget about it. He needed a permission slip for camping turned in on Tuesday whether you were going or not, and I completely forgot. I feel bad he can't go on the very first camping trip as a Boy Scout, but we have other commitments. The school variety show is on Friday, and his whole class is performing together. Saturday I'm having family over for Robbie's birthday and on Sunday the kids are performing in the Greek Independence Day program. There is no way he can miss that, he has been practicing very hard. I was told by the teachers on Wednesday that I need to work with all of them more. They even wrote out the poems phonetically so I could teach them...HA!! That doesn't always help, I still don't know what syllable to emphasize! Needless to say, we have a busy week ahead of us. We also have a Boy Scout meeting and a Cub Scout meeting, along with dress rehearsal for the variety show. Busy, busy, busy...

Helen has had awesome days at school, in fact, she now comes home and tells me how naughty Jack has been. The things she tells me he does, she used to do, that's the funny part. She explains how he got a sad face at recess because he pushed someone down and how the teacher told him not to touch his friends at school. Aaahhh...memories! I hope we have turned the corner, but I'm not holding my breath...she can really be a dickens at times.

I received an email the other day telling me now is the time to get Katie signed up for softball, and Grace was old enough to join the team. Grace right away said no, she doesn't want to play. I tried talking her into it, she's just not interested. Katie had to think about it, because she loves the practices just not the games! I don't know if you remember me talking about it last summer, but she was forever getting hit by the ball. She finally said one game, after she had been hit a couple times, "That ball just doesn't like me for some reason!" I guess it couldn't have been because she didn't keep her eye on it!! Hopefully this summer will be better for her.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

No comments: