Friday, May 14, 2010

A Perfect Fit

I went to see the school that Helen will be attending and I met her new teacher. I think it's going to be a great fit!! I'm feeling much better about the whole thing, and think Helen will really enjoy the new teacher. Her classroom seems to run like a well oiled machine, there are about 3 aides in her classroom right now. Every other week the class prepares either soup or salad for the staff at the school. They do all the shopping, prep work, and cooking as a class. I asked if they ever have parents help and was glad to hear that they are always looking for parents to get involved. I volunteer at the kid's school every Wednesday, I help make hot lunch. I signed up at Helen's school to volunteer but never received a phone call from them. I'm happy that I will have the option next year to help at Helen's school too!! I meet Monday morning with her teacher's for her IEP...I really hate these meetings! I'm going to make sure that everything is in writing, especially since she is switching schools. I definitely don't want anything to fall through the cracks. Helen came home sick from school today, she had a tummy thing going on. She wasn't her usual self today, I'm hoping a good night's sleep will do her good. Grace is also not feeling well. We made it through the winter with hardly any illness, now it's bombarding us!!

Ted is off on a Boy Scout camping trip this week-end, and Robbie leaves tomorrow for camping with his best friend. Tomorrow night is going to be girls night with Noah!! I'm trying to think of something special we can do without spending a lot of money...any suggestions?

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

No comments: