Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer 2010

Helen went to get into the pool today, when we took the cover off we were greeted with green water...UGH!! I am now trying to "fix" the problem. In the meantime, Helen is wearing her swimsuit around the house. I keep telling her she won't be able to swim today because of all the chemicals I have put in to get rid of the icky water...she won't listen. I am keeping my eye on her because I'm afraid she will sneak outside and jump into the pool as the water gets clear. I don't know how this happened, I check the water everyday and add the things it needs in order to keep the water clear. I'm hoping all I have done works, I don't know how long I can keep her out of the pool, she's a little fish!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July, we did. I had family over for a cook-out and then the kids and I went to watch fireworks. We go to the same place every year, right on the lakefront. There is nothing like watching fireworks explode over one of the great lakes. One year Peter and I were in Colorado for the Fourth of July, and I must say, watching fireworks light up against the mountains comes close! Helen loved watching all the colors, she would tell us the colors just in case we didn't see them.

It's been hot and humid around here lately, the kids have been spending time indoors. They are just like me, I don't do well in this kind of weather, it makes me feel a little sick. They go and play on the swings for about ten minutes, and then they're done. When in the pool, they last about a half hour, well, except Helen, she's in for a long time...my little fish!!

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

No comments: