Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break '09

Oh my goodness...I can't believe it's Thursday afternoon already! The kids are off from school for Spring Break, that's why I haven't written this blog yet. I finally had to kick one of them off, every time I saw the computer available I was in the middle of something. When I was done with what I was doing I would come to the computer only to find it occupied once again. The week didn't start off so great, we have been fighting an intestinal bug. While at church on Easter morning, Noah was the first to share with everyone what he had eaten that morning (the cry room was packed!). The kids will be the first to tell you that it didn't smell so pretty in there, in fact, an older couple left the room and went to the other side. I got him cleaned up just in time for Communion, and then we left. He wasn't sick for the rest of the day. Ted on the other hand wasn't feeling the greatest. As soon as we got home from my brother's house, he got sick. Robbie got sick during the night, but both were fine the next day. I was the next in line to catch whatever was going around. My bug decided it wanted to be different, and came out in another way. I spent most of the day on Monday and Tuesday trying to recover. We have gone two nights without anyone getting sick, let's hope we're done(I'm knocking on wood!).

Tuesday Katie had an appointment with a surgeon about her hernia. She will be having surgery at Children's in Milwaukee on May 7th. Children get hernias when the muscle around the intestine doesn't close all the way while they are developing in the uterus. It is only when the intestine pokes through that the hernia is discovered. They will be stitching up the hole instead of using mesh. Because she is still growing, the mesh would only tear, and therefore, she would need another surgery. Robbie also had an appointment, the dermatologist wanted to check the incision. They put more steri-strips on to give it more support. He has to stay out of gym for two more weeks, and also no rough housing. The biopsy results came back...NEGATIVE!(Yeah!)

Helen has been blasting Christmas music this week. If it weren't for the nice weather we have been having, I would have thought they were on Christmas break.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

PS- To all of you who are Orthodox...Happy Easter.

Free Counters


Free Counter



No comments: