Thursday, July 1, 2010

Car Trouble...Again

I can't believe how quickly this summer is going, it's already July! I knew there would come a day when I was going to be all over the place with the kids. I just never thought it would happen so quickly! I've been dropping off at friend's houses, sporting events, Bible camp, scout meetings and camping trips...I don't know if I'm coming or going!! To top it all off, my car broke down last week, and I was without it for a week. Helen and I were on our way to the grocery store, to do big shopping, we were down to the bare essentials. My friend had put on two used tires for me, my old ones were about to fall apart. When I put the car in gear he said it didn't sound too good. He was going to give my car a tune-up on the week-end so he said he would take a look at it then. When Helen came home from school we left for the store. While driving down the road, my car started to make loud clunking sounds. I called my friend and asked him if he thought we would make it to the store. He thought we would be fine so we kept going. I went to accelerate at a stop light when the car made a very loud "thump" and then it sounded like the wheels were spinning. I pulled over at the next side street, called my friend, and then realized I had no reverse. He came and drove my car to his house, then gave Helen and I a ride home. This exact same thing happened to me right after Peter died, it was the transmission...KA-CHING!!! I called the garage when I got home to check on the warranty, it was only for a year. I decided to have them tow the car to their garage and take a look. He offered to do the work and charge me a certain amount regardless of the repair that needed to be done. I went ahead and had them fix my car. I also had them do a few other things for me that needed to be done. It took a week for the repair. Thank goodness I was able to borrow my sister-in-law's car while they were out of town. Granted, I couldn't take all the kids with me at one time, but at least I had a vehicle to run to the store, or whatever else popped up. Remember, Helen and I were on our way to the store when the car broke down!!! Thanks again Anne Marie!!:o)

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

No comments: