Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sue's Dream

I dreamt of Peter last night, what a nice dream. He was comforting me, I got lots of hugs and kisses on the forehead, it seemed so real, it felt so real. His illness crept into the dream, and then his death. I woke up with mixed feelings, happy to have had the comfort, sad to have experienced the loss again. I have realized it wasn't the writing that made me sad but the way I have been thinking lately. I think of where we were a year ago at this time and if the cancer was starting to attack, I think so. He started complaining of headaches more frequently, he hardly ever had a headache, that was me. I remember at Robbie's birthday party I asked him to do the shopping for a dip I make. I needed him to get sour cream, I also needed three other things that were very simple to remember, he forgot the sour cream, that was not like him. He usually would have called me from the store, he had forgotten his cell phone. We are going to celebrate Robbie's sixth birthday on St. Patrick's Day, a week early. Peter and I had decided last year to have it early so we could have everybody over for corned beef and cabbage. I've been told I make a pretty good Irish Soda Bread, of course that compliment came from my mom so I'm not sure if it's that great, you know how mom's can be.

Helen got sent to the principle's office tonight at religion class, she wouldn't stop laughing. I told them she was the same way at church on Saturday, they laughed, I wish they were the ones in the family room with me. What can you do? She has one heck of a sense of humor, like her dad, I'm the serious one. She's good at teasing also, especially Grandma! When Grandma gets up from her chair, Helen rushes over and sits in it. When Grandma comes back, Helen looks up at her with a huge smile and starts laughing. The boys had Greek school, they are working on poems for the Greek school program at church.

I'm having a life insurance physical done in the morning so I should go to bed and get a good nights sleep. I haven't had one of those for a very long time.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

No comments: