Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Movie Night

I am going to make this short tonight because it is 11:30pm and I still have three kids awake! I know, I can't believe it myself, my kids used to all be in bed and asleep by 8:00pm, 8:30pm at the latest. I took the girls to get their haircut today and I taped it because it was the first time for Katie and Grace. After we watched a movie, Robbie wanted to see the video, so I hooked it up to the TV so we could watch. Once we watched the haircuts they wanted to see the video of them sledding with their dad. I really didn't want to do it because I thought it would be too difficult. I did cry when I first saw him, heard him, and especially when he was interacting with the kids. Life can be so unfair, he was such a wonderful dad to our kids, they are missing out on having that in their lives. Once we kept watching and saw him laughing and just being him, it got easier and now I am glad I made myself watch, in fact, I lost track of time. What memories, and I am so thankful we have it all on tape! My next step will be to go through the pictures and have the funeral home put them to music on a DVD (after all, I have already paid for it!). I also saw my mom on some of the footage, she was holding a crying Noah who was only 13 days old. I couldn't really see her on that one, but I could hear her. I did see her working on the blanket that she made for Noah while at Sherry's house for Easter. It was difficult to see and hear, I think because it is soooo fresh. I dreamt about her last night, she told me not to spend a lot of time being sad, and she knew how much I missed her. I really believe that they come to us in our dreams and both she and Peter knew this. When I would have really bad days, I would always dream of Peter that night. In most of the dreams I got a hug, and was left with a feeling of not being alone. When I would wake up the next morning I would be disappointed yet somehow felt stronger than the day before.

We have been having movie nights lately, popcorn and all!! Saturday night was our first one, and the kids have wanted it every night since. We have been lucky enough to have had some good family movies on TV lately, but no popcorn every single time! I find popcorn all over the living room the next day, and I have gotten a little tired of being the only one to clean it up! I made a deal with the kids about the next time it happens. If they don't help with the clean up, then no more movie nights, I think that's fair! We spread blankets on the floor, everyone grabs their pillow, and we get into our pajamas. Noah even grabs his pillow, in fact, every time I say, "Let's go watch the movie!" he runs into his room, tries to grab his pillow(he is still in a crib), and ends up coming to get me so I can get it!!! It is sooooo cute, he calls it his "plowe".

We have a birthday coming up on Saturday, Katie will be turning five! I will be doing all my cleaning starting tomorrow! Catherine is making the cake for her, Katie requested pink, inside and out!! Good luck to Catherine on that one, I'm guessing maybe Barbie. I have left it up to Catherine as to what kind of cake, she mentioned she may be able to do a castle, that would be cool! Katie is my girly-girl, through and through! All things Barbie and princess, pink and purple, that is all that interests her these days. Nail polish, lip gloss, dresses, fancy shoes,(thanks Sherry!) all things girl, that's Katie!

Helen has been bringing home only smiley faces from school, that's a good thing!!!!

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

So much for making it short!!!!!!


Free Counters



Free Counter



No comments: