Wednesday, October 3, 2007

All Helen Wants For Christmas Are Her Two Front Teeth

OCTOBER IS DOWN SYNDROME AWARENESS MONTH

I am going to try something new today, I am going to write this post during the day instead of after the kids go to bed. I have more time during the day since the kids have gone back to school. My train of thought is clearer now versus ten o'clock at night!

I am waiting patiently for a new dryer to be delivered, my old one came with the house, so I have no idea how old it is. My washer and dryer see a lot of action, so I'm sure it died before it's time. My washer is a year old, someone donated it through the church, I wanted to get the dryer that matched at the same time but my funds wouldn't let me do it. My new dryer is the same model as the washer, but looks different. I don't care at this point, as long as it dries the clothes, that's all I care about. It is now the same size capacity as the washer, SUPER!! It really doesn't matter anyhow, I am still always doing laundry! When my mom was staying with me, she would ask me what my plans were for the day, besides doing laundry. She had a front row seat as to what my days are filled with. I told her she was my witness whenever someone asked me why I hadn't called them lately and I told them there weren't enough hours in the day!

Helen is on a field trip today, they went on a nature walk and are also picnicking at a forest preserve. I know she will have a good time, she loves to be outside! The other day it was gloomy outside, it looked like the skies were going to open any minute and pour rain. Helen didn't care, she wanted to go outside and was so mad at me when I wouldn't let her. Thank goodness I had some laundry that needed to be folded, she soon forgot all about going outside. The tooth fairy made another stop at our house, Helen lost her other tooth Monday morning. She had been playing with it all day Sunday, I was afraid she would pull it out then, we were at a Baptism. Monday morning when she was eating her cereal she was very cranky and pulling at her tooth. I asked her if she wanted me to pull it, she said yes. I have never pulled someone else's tooth before and thought I would not be able to do it. She had played with it so much that it definitely was ready, so it was pretty easy to pull out. Now, all she wants for Christmas are her two front teeth!!!! She looks so cute when you ask her to show you where she lost her teeth. Along with a huge smile, she scrunches up her face.

We had a good time at the Baptism, it was for Peter's side of the family. I think it is so important for us to go to their celebrations, that is where my kids are going to be exposed to family traditions. They were all standing by the dance floor watching the Greek dancing, at one point Grace was trying to do the foot work. All the Greek school in the world won't teach them what they saw at the Baptism. As they get older I'm hoping the family will share their stories of Peter with them. I really enjoy the stories my Uncle Brian shares with us about my dad, they are priceless. It's too bad more of Peter's family doesn't include us in their festivities. I'm not talking about his sister's, they have been wonderful to us (I just wanted to make that clear). They had two clowns, one of them face painted while the other made balloon characters. The kids absolutely loved them, Grace had a butterfly painted on her face, it was gorgeous. These clowns are well known around town, they do many appearances. Cuddles and Billy Boy are their names. Cuddles does the face painting, she makes it look so easy. Her finished product looks flawless, like a real painting. Billy Boy can make anything you can imagine out of balloons, he too is amazing at what he does. They are so good with kids also, Noah was using his balloon sword on Billy Boy, using his boy "sounds". Billy Boy just smiled at him and kept at his balloon making. I asked him if the little blond boy (thinking he wouldn't know his name) was bothering him, he said, "Who? Noah?, not at all!" Noah was hanging out by him for so long, Billy Boy got his name! Those two people truly found their calling in life.

We are heading to the doctor's office in the morning so all of the kids can receive their flu shots. Ever since Helen had pneumonia I have gotten the shots for the kids, I swear by it. I have noticed such a huge change in the kids health during the winter. They don't get sick as often, and when they do, it's not as bad. The doctor suggested we do it since Helen is more susceptible to upper respiratory infections. She used to be on antibiotics from October thru April for infections, sinus included, now she gets maybe two during the whole winter.

Well, my dryer was just delivered, time to get caught up on laundry!!

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue


Free Counters




Free Counter









No comments: