Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone, I hope you all had a spooktacular day!!! It didn't seem like Halloween at all, the kids celebrated at school on Friday, and Trick-or-Treated on Sunday. They had a good time, they all looked soooo cute! Ted was a Ninja, Helen a kitty fairy, Robbie was Winnie the Pooh, Katie was Tinkerbell, Grace was Dorothy the Dinosaur(from the Wiggles), and Noah was the cutest little pirate I have ever seen!!! Evan, Sherry's son, was a detective, he came along with us since he didn't have Trick-or-Treating until tonight. We all went out for a little while and then I dropped off Katie(who was complaining), Helen, and Noah, with Sherry(she was passing out candy at my house). I was going to leave Grace behind too and just take the older boys, but she insisted on coming. There really is a science to Trick-or-Treating, you want to get as much candy as possible in the little amount of time you have. This was our second time going out in this neighborhood so I still didn't have a game plan. You really need to have some type of system to get a lot of candy, I don't have it, yet. The kids still got a lot of candy, just not as much as they could have. Well, there's always next year, and the year after, and the year after that.....

I am still fighting off this cold and sore throat, I am looking forward to relaxing in bed with a cup of hot tea. I still have three loads of laundry to fold before I can do that. I haven't really gotten the rest I need, the weather has been so nice that I have been outside cleaning up the yard. I have gotten everything ready for winter, which before we know it will be here. I planted tulip and daffodil bulbs the other day, it will be interesting in the spring to see what survives. My mom was going to help me, this was my first time doing it. She told me of a time when she had planted a lot of bulbs and was very excited when spring finally arrived to see the results of her hard work. She absolutely loved flowers, she would have preferred to be outside with her hands in dirt than inside with her hands in dishwater. Well, she was very disappointed when very few sprung up. The squirrels, something else she loved, had dug up the bulbs during the winter and ate them. I can remember the daffodils and tulips growing up, they were scattered, a few here, a few there, now I know why. I'm hoping the squirrels will leave mine alone, I'll just have to wait and see what happens in the spring.

We went to church tonight for all saints/all souls day. I miss Peter and my mom so much, they each have a candle lit on the altar, in memory of them. I will be going in the morning also, Robbie is reading one of the petitions in mass and asked me to come and listen to him. I would have skipped going tonight but felt it was important for all of us to go as a family. Helen won't be there in the morning because she goes to a different school, and I'm not sure if Katie's class will go. The kindergartner's don't always go to weekly mass because they don't all know how to behave in church. Robbie does a good job when he practices at home, I hope he will be fine at the altar in front of the microphone. I need my cup of tea, everyone have a good week.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue
Free Counters





Free Counter




No comments: