Thursday, February 7, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

Oh my gosh, I haven't seen this much snow since I was a kid!, that's about all I could say yesterday when it kept coming down. I haven't seen the total number we got, but the last time I did catch the weather report, we had gotten 16" of snow in about 16 hours. It was very windy, and at times there was rain mixed in with the snow. I watched my neighbor do some clearing of the sidewalks and driveways(he insists on doing mine also), and within minutes it looked as though he had not even been there. I can't wait for the thaw!!!

Yesterday was Helen's birthday, she is now the big 8!!! She would come up to me during the day and tell me it was her birthday. I was going to make her a gluten free cake, but when I went to get the mix out of the cupboard, it wasn't there. I couldn't run to the store because of the weather, so I made gluten free blonde brownies with m&m's and chocolate chips. I put vanilla frosting and candles on it to make it look like a cake. She was happy with it, that's all that matters. We gave her a couple of her gifts yesterday, we are saving the big one for Sunday, the day of her party. We gave her a Wiggles CD, she loves music. Her speech teacher told me they sometimes have a hard time keeping her focused in group language. When they use music and dance, she stays focused the whole time. I had her annual IEP meeting on Monday, I really dislike those!! It's very hard to hear just how far behind she is compared to kids her own age. I was very pleased to hear she will be advancing to the first grade next year. I was worried she would be in kindergarten forever! I know she has made progress academically, I was worried she wasn't "mature" enough to make it to first. She is doing much better, but the teachers are still having a hard time with recess. Here at home I see a change in her behavior most times, but she still has her moments, like when she keeps repeating the word butt and laughs!!! The other kids got yelled at for using that word so often that they now spell it, b-u-t!!!

On Saturday my brother John and his wife Chris came over and took down Noah's crib in order to make room for his new big boy bed. He was so excited!! If you ask him who put his bed together he will tell you, "John!" Just this morning my father-in-law was here and I asked Noah if he showed Papou(Grandpa) his new bed. He told me, "No, John, bed, put together!" I had my couch cleaned last week and Noah was calling the cleaning guy "John". When my Uncle Ed came over and helped me with my new kitchen table, Noah kept calling him "John". My neighbor who does all the snow removal gets the "John" title also. I guess any man who comes over and does work is "John" to Noah.

Sunday was Scout Sunday so Sherry came over so I could go to church with Ted and Robbie. It was a very nice mass, a lot of the parents and leaders were involved with the mass. Ted and Robbie helped take up the gifts for communion. The mass was said for Peter, I thought it would be nice for the boys. When they mentioned his name I had this very powerful feeling of his presence, I got teary-eyed. That night I dreamt of him. After mass there was a social in the school's cafeteria where we had coffee, juice, and doughnuts, it was very nice. This Saturday we will be in the parking lot collecting cans as one of our fundraisers. From there the kids will be heading to Greek school, they have missed the last two weeks because of the weather. On March 23rd they will be having a program in honor of Greek Independance Day, so they need to get their parts so they can practice.
Well, once again I'm getting kicked off the computer! Helen is the only one who had school today and she will be home soon. I'm looking forward to tomorrow so I can get a few things done before the week-end. It's so much easier when they are all at school!!


Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue
Free Counters


Free Counter

No comments: