Friday, September 5, 2008

Popsicles, Popsicles, Popsicles

This morning was supposed to be my first morning alone, but Robbie came home from school yesterday with a headache and vomiting. He is doing better, he still has the headache, but at least he is able to keep things down. I just gave him some medicine, so he should be feeling much better soon.

Today was the first day of school for Grace and Noah, they were so excited. Grace is an old pro with preschool, she was happy to see her friends from last year. Noah, on the other hand, became a bit overwhelmed with all of it. He wouldn't leave my side when it was time to sit in a circle, I even made Grace change places so she would sit next to him. Working in a daycare center all those years ago, I knew it was time for me to just go, he would be fine. I just called, he is doing fine, he is working on puzzles with one of the other boys. The teacher told me he cried for about 5-10 minutes. She tried to comfort him, when she walked away from him, he stopped. It's an adjustment for him, he is used to being with me all the time, in fact, it's an adjustment for me too!

Helen started school this week also, it didn't start soon enough for her, she was getting so bored. If Helen could go to school everyday of the year, it would be a perfect world for her! She wouldn't get off of the playground at recess again, so she didn't get a Popsicle. The second day went better for her, she got the Popsicle. I'm hoping she won't give the teachers a hard time at recess. I think she just needs to get used to the routine, during the summer she can come and go as she wants from outside. I think she will be fine, especially if they keep using Popsicles. Helen is always the first one up on the week-ends, and during the summer. If I forget to check the refrigerator to make sure it's locked the night before, look out!! Helen will go into the freezer and help herself to Popsicles, fudge bars, and whatever else is in there. One day I found a gallon of ice cream sitting on the table with a fork in it. She doesn't eat just one, I have found her sitting in the living room in the middle of a circle of Popsicle sticks and wrappers. I would say, "Helen!!", and she would say, "What?", like she's not doing anything wrong! Last night I was in my room folding laundry, the kids had Popsicles. Helen came into my room and was watching me, she had a purple Popsicle, she left. When I went to put the clothes away she had come back into my room and was sitting on my bed, this time with a yellow Popsicle. To say she likes Popsicles is an understatement!!!

Our church is having a pig roast this week-end, I'm working at it on Saturday night. I told the committee people, they are mom's of Robbie's friends, "This is my night out, I hardly ever get one, I don't care where you put me, as long as it's somewhere by the band!" They have me as a "fill-in", wherever they need a hand, that's where I'll be. I think it will be a good time, even though I'll be working, I'll make the best of it.

To those of you who are being effected by these hurricanes...stay safe, I am praying for you.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue



Free Counters


Free Counter

No comments: