Wednesday, June 3, 2009


I don't say this very often, but, I don't know what to do with myself this morning. It's Wednesday, I'm supposed to be helping with hot lunch at the school, at least that's what my internal clock is telling me. The last hot lunch for the school year was last week and I already miss it. I thought I would fill the void and write my blog, next week it may be a different story.

Yesterday we went to Children's for Katie's follow up appointment with the surgeon. We had to wait a long time for the doctor. I had to have the nurse call the cardiac clinic because Helen had an appointment scheduled, and we were late. When I spoke with the scheduling department they assured me there was enough time for us to get to Helen's appointment on time, I should have known better. Once the doctor came in to see Katie, she felt her tummy, asked how many lollipops, and we were out of there. All that waiting for less than a minute of her time! Our next stop was Helen's appointment, she was there to get hooked up to a Holter monitor. For those of you who have been fortunate enough to have no idea what that is, it monitors her heart rate for 24 hours. It's like having an EKG for a day. When the 24 hours are up, I take off the monitor, put it in a Federal Express envelope, and they will come and pick it up at my house. I don't have to make another trip just to drop it off, how awesome is that!?!! After dinner the kids went outside to play for awhile. I checked Helen's stickers(that's what she calls them) when she came inside. They were in the right pattern, but in the wrong spot. It looked like they had slid down from her chest to her tummy, but that is not possible. If any of you have ever had an EKG, then you know how strong the stickers are, they don't move. I think Helen did some rearranging! I put them all back where they belonged and got her ready for bed. She kept insisting on taking off her stickers. The last thing I heard her say last night...stickers! When she woke up this morning I checked them again, all but one had fallen off during the night. They were all crumpled, I had to replace them with new ones. She was not a happy camper, in fact, the last thing I heard her say on the way to the school bus...stickers!

Until next time-
Take Care,

No comments: