Sunday, July 12, 2009

Memories

Once you have lost someone dear to you, every time you hear of another passing, it brings back the memories. The recent losses in Hollywood have brought back many memories and feelings to me, even the kids. Michael Jackson especially, they have seen the many pictures of his kids, and the news coverage. Grace told me, "I really miss Michael Jackson." I said, "You didn't even know who he was", she said, "I know, but I still miss him for his kids." After Katie had seen his daughter at the memorial service, she told me she missed daddy a lot. The way I see them now is the way they were after Peter passed away. I tried to monitor what they saw on TV and on the computer, but it was everywhere. I have noticed the amount of coverage has slowed down quite a bit. I have also seen my kids perk up, and not mention their dad as often. Don't get me wrong, we talk about Peter, but in a happy way, not a sad way. I tell them funny stories about their dad, or if one of them does something that reminds me of him, I tell them, "You are just like your dad", it makes them smile. Kids bounce back so much quicker than adults.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

No comments: