Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thank You

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my family and friends who came and stood in the thunderstorm for Peter's memorial. It started to downpour after the service so I didn't get a chance to thank all of you personally. It meant a lot to me to see all of my family, in-laws included, and MY friends there. I am very disappointed in Peter's friends, not one of them showed up. I personally called every single one that I had a phone number to, and they all said they would be there. I guess they were afraid they would melt! I think I'm even more disappointed that I haven't received any emails or phone calls apologizing for the "no show". I'm trying very hard to lay a foundation for their relationships with my kids. They are the missing links to Peter's past. My kids have their Aunts and Papou to share stories of Peter when they were kids. They have me to share my stories from age 25 until his death. What's missing are his High School years and soon after. Those are the years when you break away from siblings and do things with your friends. I know they have a ton of stories about Peter, I heard some, but can't remember enough to share them with my kids. I was hoping when my kids got older they would have a friendship already there with Peter's friends, so they could talk about Peter for hours if they wanted to. I guess I'm hoping for a perfect little world, and that's not going to happen. It makes me sad. I know if the tables were turned, Peter would have been standing out in the rain for his friend. I wish his friends felt the same...oh well, on we go.

We have been watching my furry niece Fiona, she really likes the pool. She wasn't here for 10 minutes and she was already taking a dip! My father-in-law was here one day when she got into the pool, he didn't like it. He asked me, "Are you going to let out the water so you can change it?" Oh my goodness...ka-ching! I told him, "No, that's what the chlorine is for!" Can you imagine if I changed the water every time!?!! Toby has enjoyed having his cousin here to play. They have pushed us over, stepped on us, and run into us while playing, but they keep going. I have enjoyed having someone to cuddle with at night, the only problem...body heat. I have been so hot during the night, I have thrown covers off of me, I never do that. We'll miss her when she goes home.

Rick and Anne Marie...Fiona is always welcome here, she has received a lot of love from the kids. She will probably need a bath, with the pool water and all of Toby's slobber on her!

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue




No comments: