Thursday, August 6, 2009


I took the kids for their dental check ups the other day, yep, all six. One out of six had a cavity, those are pretty good odds! I was also told Katie and Grace both need devices put in their mouths to stop them from sucking their thumbs. Devices, what the heck!?!! How come when I was a kid we didn't need devices, you either stopped, or you didn't. Our COBRA expires on Monday, yes, it has already been three years since Peter passed away, Saturday to be exact. Having to deal with the cost of these devices has become a headache. After speaking with Ted's orthodontist, I have decided to hold off on these so called devices for now. I am going to take Katie in to see the orthodontist for an evaluation (Grace is too young), along with Robbie, it's free, why not! This way I can budget for braces down the road. I think Robbie will need them, his teeth are a bit crooked. I was told by the dentist Katie and Grace will definitely need them. My question is, why pay $1000.00 per child now for devices, when they are going to need braces anyway? I have noticed, with age, Katie does not suck her thumb as often as she used to. We have all told them both to stop when we see them doing it, but at night when they are sleeping is another story. I am now trying another trick, spraying their thumbs with perfume, the jury is still out on that one.

Yesterday was my birthday, we spent it at the cemetery and then for lunch at my sister-in-law's restaurant, The Liberty. They have such great food, I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal there. If you are ever in Libertyville, IL, their place is located on Milwaukee Ave., also known as Rt. 21. They put a candle in a piece of cheesecake and sang me Happy Birthday, the kids loved it. We went to the cemetery to clean up the flowers so they look nice for Saturday. I am having a memorial service for Peter. I don't think we have been there since I planted them in June, it has been a busy summer. To my pleasant surprise, my sister-in-law, Maria, had already been there and spruced them up for me. I decided to water them so I went to the faucet to turn on the hose. Noah followed me, and while he was waiting for the water to turn on, he was stung by a wasp. There was a nest inside some artificial flowers very near to the water, and he got too close. He has never been stung so I didn't know what to expect. We weren't planning on going to the restaurant, but with this happening, I felt we should go hang out there just in case he had a reaction. This way we were close to a hospital instead of on the highway. I am happy to say nothing happened, and he forgot all about it once we were inside and ordering all kinds of yummy food.

The days are getting harder as the week goes on, so many memories. Keep us in your prayers.

Until next time-
Take Care,

No comments: