Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's Getting To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I hope everyone had a nice holiday and didn't eat too much! I ate too much, to the point where it hurt! The food was so delicious I couldn't help myself, it was my sister-in-laws sweet potatoes that did me in. I ended up hosting, Sherry called me right after I had posted my last blog, she wasn't feeling well. Thanksgiving morning she came over with all of the food and we cooked here, well, I cooked and she helped when she could. She rested most of the day on my couch, she even slept a little, that shows she was sick if she could sleep through all of this activity! We had a small group this year, my brother John and his family were in Arizona and my Aunt stayed home because she wasn't feeling well. We sent food home with my Uncle so she didn't miss the holiday completely. Speaking of holidays...is everyone getting ready for Santa? We are, "It's getting to look a lot like Christmas"...I have been busy getting decorations up. I'm going to put the tree up today and I'm going to try and get the blow up Santa set up outside. My brother put it up for us last year, it was a difficult time for me a year ago. This year I'm going to give it a try, I took it down so I think I remember how he had it tethered down. The kids are getting so excited! Ted has made a couple of signs for Santa, one is for his cookies and the other tells him where to sit on the couch. I don't quite understand that sign but he was so pleased with himself, who am I to question.

Helen went to the doctor on Friday, she has a sinus infection. The doctor checked her white blood cells while we were there. They usually run on the low side so they wanted to see where they were when she is sick. They run higher, which is good. They are running one more test on them to see if there are enough fighting cells there. I haven't heard anything yet, if I don't here by tomorrow I'm going to call them. The other kids are doing better, the fever and cough made it around to almost everyone, Ted's the only lucky one. Well, maybe not so lucky, he is getting his two teeth pulled today after school. In two weeks he will have his braces, he is very excited about this. I can't wait for the braces to start pulling his front teeth to where they are supposed to be. I'm hoping he will smile again!

I'm getting ready for Grace's birthday party on Sunday, I can't believe she's going to be four! At this time I look back and think about the parties we had and how much Peter loved having them for the kids. He would give the kids kisses according to how old they were. Grace would receive three since that's how old she is, but on Sunday he would have raised it to four. He always made a big deal about them getting one more, and would sometimes give them extra and act surprised when they told him he gave them too many. I am carrying on the tradition, it doesn't seem the same to me, hopefully the kids don't feel the way I do.


Well, I'm off to put up the tree, I have put it off long enough! Sherry will be posting tomorrow, YEAH!!!! I bet you are all curious as to what she has been up to, besides being sick. No pressure here Sherry...

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue
Free Counters










Free Counter









No comments: