Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Gloomies

This is a very sad time, I can't shake the gloomy feeling off of me. Yesterday it was 39 years ago that my dad passed away, on Sunday it will be a year for my mom. A year ago, this was her last week alive, I keep reliving it in my mind. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, she died on a Friday morning. We will be attending a Mass for her Sunday morning, then going to lunch after, just to be together. The kids and I are going to the cemetery after to see her new headstone. From there we are going to Peter's so we can plant flowers, I haven't been able to get there until now. We were going to go on Memorial Day but my car needed a major repair and I was told not to travel far. It went into the shop on Tuesday and is now ready to go.

I hope everyone had a good holiday, we just hung out at home and took it easy. Sunday was the big cook out over here for Noah and Alex. We had a very nice day, the food was awesome! I still can't believe Alex is graduating from High School. It feels like only yesterday I was dropping him off at preschool, where does the time go? (when Sherry's two oldest kids were little, I took care of them while she was at work.) One day I'm going to be saying that about my own kids, I already can't believe how big they are getting.

Last week the boys crossed over in Cub Scouts, Ted is now a Webelos 1, and Robbie is a Wolf. Tomorrow night I have a sleep over camp outing with Ted for Scouts, he's really looking forward to it. I am too, it will be nice having some one on one time with him. I need to start scheduling one on one time with all of them, or even just a boys outing and a girls outing. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, and into the night, YIKES!!!

Not much else happening here, we are just getting ready for school to end. Katie will be graduating from Kindergarten on Tuesday, she told me she is going to sing with the class. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it all goes well for her. If she does it, what a great way for her to end the school year!

I apologize for this boring blog, my heart just isn't in it. Like I said in the beginning, I just can't shake the gloomies.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue


Free Counters


Free Counter

No comments: