Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

We never made it to see Katie's artwork on Sunday, we were going to go when I finished in the kitchen. I was in the middle of cleaning out the refrigerator when Ted told me Noah was trying to clean up water downstairs with paper. I sent Katie and Grace down there to clean it up because I thought it came from them playing with the Barbie cruise ship. I didn't hear anything from them in awhile so I checked in with them. They came upstairs holding a very wet towel. I asked them how much water they used. They told me they didn't play with any water...uh-oh. I went downstairs to see what was going on, I found two puddles of water(I thought Toby was to blame at first!). When I opened the door to the laundry room...HELLO...water everywhere. My heart sank, I have never had water in the basement. I started to move the boxes of my mom's things out of harm's way, and even had to unpack some of it in order to save it. I couldn't figure out what happened, my sump pump is fairly new. I tried checking it, but what do I know about things like that, nothing. I called my brother John and got his voicemail. Thinking he was out of state I called Jerry, Robbie's friend's dad. He has been such a life saver, he was the one who fixed my car when the fuel pump went out on me, not to mention other things. Jerry came right over and took a look at it, he said it was still working...whew! While he was here, John showed up carrying an extra motor, so I had two life savers that day. They both thought the sump pump got overwhelmed by so much rain in so little time. I am finding out that I wasn't the only one that happened to. John left the motor here, just in case. When all was said and done, the art show was over by the time I was done mopping up water. Katie didn't seem to mind, in fact, she had forgotten all about it.

Robbie is very excited about making his First Communion on Sunday. We had rehearsal last night, we are the first ones to walk in. Robbie is happy about it, me, not so much. I like to blend in, being first is not blending in. We do have front row seats, so I can't complain about that! Ted will be one of three altar servers, he feels special. Robbie also gets to take up the gifts with five other kids, he is first doing that too. They practiced their song that they sing, of course I got teary-eyed. They look so precious when singing about Jesus. They have their hands together, as if they were praying, and when they sing, "We want to see Jesus", they look up to the sky. I'm getting teary-eyed right now just thinking about it. It should be a very nice day.

I'm off to clean the house today, I wanted to work in the yard, but once again it's raining. Let's hope the water stays outside this time!

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue
Free Counters


Free Counter


No comments: