Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday, we had a nice relaxing one. It was just Sherry and her family, and my brother Rick and his wife Anne Marie. My brother John was in Arizona with his family. Sherry was the chef for the day, I helped, it was at my house. After dinner, my Aunt, Uncle, cousin and his family came over for dessert. I was exhausted by the end of the evening. The kids and I got into our jammies and watched Home Alone, they fell asleep one by one. It was a good day!


Last Friday I took the kids to a swine flu shot clinic, I didn't realize how crowded it would be. We waited in line for almost an hour, going through two check points. Helen was starting to loose her patience, she wanted to keep walking once we started, and got so frustrated when we had to stop and wait again. She was starting to stamp her foot and say, "Go, Mom, Goooo!" At the second check point I asked them if there were anyway we could move ahead in line in order to get Helen the shot. I explained she was loosing her patience, and what would happen if she lost them completely. She would have a "meltdown" and would not cooperate when receiving her shot, in other words...it would get ugly. They moved us right on through and not only gave Helen her shot, but my other kids also. I knew someone who was a couple of people ahead of us, and they told me it was another 1/2 hour waiting from that check point. I made the right decision. I don't like using Helen for an excuse, but it would have turned into a nightmare very quickly!


On Monday I had Helen's conference at school, it went okay. The problem we are having is, Helen's program is really geared for higher functioning. If we moved her to the next level down, it would be the low functioning program. There is NO in between, which is not good. They used to have something for that group, but they did away with it because of the funding. Helen's teachers are going to meet with the supervisor of special education and see if they can't do something about it. Helen is not the only one with the problem and if they see a need, maybe they bring it back. I am ready for the fight, I'm just waiting on the teachers. I will keep you posted on the progress.


I put up our outdoor decorations today, it's not much, I don't do lights, I don't know how to put them up. I hate to say that our 12 foot Santa is on the injured list, the kids are very disappointed. I went to change one of the lights and found the cord had broken. It actually looks like it had been cut. In order to get to the cord you have to unzip the compartment on the bottom of his foot. I thought maybe my neighbor got frustrated during the night with the light and went out and cut it. I highly doubt it though, he would have to know about the zipper. I'm going to have a friend come over and take a look, maybe he can fix it. It's always something!!


Well, happy black Friday, I hope those of you brave enough to shop found and got what you were looking for!


Until next time-

Take Care,

Sue

No comments: