Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Little Bit Of This, A Little Bit Of That

I am so thrilled, I have a dishwasher, YEAH!!!!! My brother put it in this past week-end, I can't begin to tell you how it has already made my life a little easier. Instead of doing the dishes right after dinner tonight I went outside and pushed the kids on the swings, how sweet was that? It is such a wonderful feeling not being tied to the kitchen sink anymore! I have a load going as I am writing this and so I am being reminded what a god send it is.

Robbie is graduating from Kindergarten tomorrow right after the all school mass. His class will walk in with their big brothers/sisters (the 7th graders), and sit in the front rows. He is getting excited and a bit nervous, I think he is having second thoughts about leaving and going on to first grade. I told him it was time for bed and he told me he wasn't going. I then told him if he didn't go he wouldn't go to school tomorrow and therefore couldn't graduate and become a first grader. He told me that was fine by him! He did eventually go to bed, after he asked me to sit with him in the cafeteria after graduation, his teacher is having a little celebration for them after.

I have some exciting news....Helen can pump when she is swinging!!!!! We were all so thrilled, the neighbors probably thought we were going crazy. We were yelling and clapping and giving high fives. It is such an awesome feeling when she accomplishes something we have been working on with her for awhile. She was so proud of herself, she had a huge smile on her face. Now she can swing until her little hearts content!

Sherry mentioned our dad in her blog yesterday, I can't believe it has been so long ago that he passed away. I can't help to think that my kids will be thinking the same thing when they get older. We went and put flowers on his grave yesterday and planted flowers at Peter's, I am hoping for rain. Not so much for my dad's, his flowers are fake, but for Peter's, the cemetery is an hour away and with gas prices the way they are, OUCH! I don't want anyone to think my mom is cheap, she always had live flowers on my dad's grave every single year. Recently, with the West Nile Virus, the cemetery will throw the flowers away in order to reduce the risk of mosquitoes breeding there. I remember one year we went to collect the pot but had waited too long so the cemetery took it and threw it in the dump. I know this because my mom drove to the dump, got out of the car because they had a chain to block any traffic, and walked the rest of the way, only to find it smashed. She was not a happy camper!!! She doesn't want a repeat performance of that day. Although they are fake, they still look nice, and that's all that matters.

Today was a good day.
Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue

Free Counters


Free Counter

No comments: