Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Quiet Week

We had a quiet week, it's about time! The kids and I enjoyed the week-end I finally got my garage cleaned out. I couldn't believe the kids were in the garage with me playing instead of outside in the yard, kids can be so goofy. Helen and Noah are definitely my outdoors kids, I can't get them inside. My other four could care less, they spent just as much time outside as inside. When Noah had to take a nap poor Helen had no one to play with, all the kids were inside, so she came in. I have hired a professional to design and plant in the front of my house. He will do the landscaping, I will do the flowers, with help. What was I thinking? I don't know horticulture well enough to decide which bushes would look and do best in that area. I would have probably picked something that needed shade, and it doesn't have enough. I want it to look nice, it is the most important part of landscaping. I still plan on having my friend help me with the rest of the yard, it is a huge project!! The woman who owned the house before me was just like me, not into gardening, so there are a lot of rocks around my house.

This week I am getting ready for a cook-out on Sunday for Teddy's first communion, he is getting nervous. Tomorrow his class is going to be making the host for the occasion. I invited the usual people, yes, even my friends. I have heard from one already, they can't make it, the other one I still haven't heard from and don't expect to. I have a lot of running around to do, I'm hoping to get that done at the beginning of the week and clean the house at the end of the week.

Helen had a check up appointment with the gastro doctor, he will see her once a year from now on. We don't really know yet how she is doing until the blood work comes back. She also had blood work for the pediatrician, she is looking at Helen's white blood count, it was low last time checked. The Endocrinologist also wanted blood work done to check her thyroid since she changed the dose a month ago, she wants to make sure Helen is on the right dose, let's hope. If she needs to change the dose again then we will be back for more blood work in a month. I was very proud of Helen today when we went to the lab for blood work. She hopped up on the chair and put the arm rest in front of her, as if to say, "Mom, stay back, I can do this by myself!" She did awesome!!! When she was getting her pajamas on tonight she pointed out the spot where they poked her and told me to look. She had the biggest smile on her face, she was very proud of herself.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue


Free Counters

Free Counter

No comments: