Monday, June 25, 2007

The 35th National Down Syndrome Congress Convention

I am very excited. I will be attending - as an exhibitor - the 35th NDSC National Convention in Kansas City August 3rd through 5th. Susie won't be able to attend, since that's the weekend of her 25th High School Reunion. She really needs the pleasure of that experience. My daughter, Blythe, can't join me either; she'll be at band camp. Our niece Meghan, who's nearly 20 years old, may be joining me.

At any rate, I can't wait to meet those of you who will be there and other parents who aren't aware of us and your children. I hope we'll have sample jeans available, but that's not my goal in attending. My goal is to meet parents and talk about their children, their needs, their desires, their ideas. I also hope to get some measurement data.

I'm having a great time planning what the booth will look like, what materials we'll have to share with attendees, etc. Since we won't have product to sell, this will be a wonderful opportunity for me to just meet and listen and learn. So, I envision something more social than commercial. I would love to hear from you guys. Are you going to attend? Any suggestions? Have you attended past conventions? What do/did you enjoy most?

I'll mention the convention again, as the date draws nearer and I know what our booth assignment is. In the meantime, as always, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Free Counters


Free Counter

No comments: