Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Strength

These past couple of weeks have been very difficult, and overwhelming. I thought I would be able to sit down and write about my mom, but I can't. I haven't been able to write in my journal that I started when Peter got sick since the day before he died. I have been told that writing would help with the grieving process. I think if I were to write it all down it would be that much more real, and I'm not ready for that. Every day I am amazed at the strength I get from my kids, they are the reason I get up each morning and face the new day. I can say this much, I was very blessed to have had such a wonderful woman for a mom, and a wonderful man for a husband. This past week-end was especially hard, it was Peter's birthday on Saturday. It was also a year ago we were in Houston at MD Anderson getting a second opinion. We had such a wonderful day before his appointment, I believe it was a gift given to me, and I cherish that memory with all my heart.

Helen's last day of school is tomorrow, the other kids were done last week. We went to see the awards given out at her school yesterday, she got one for most energetic, why does that not surprise me!!! She has really made great strides this year, in spite of all the bad things that happened to us. I have seen her mature this year, and I am thrilled that she is starting to listen and behave when we go on outings as a family.

The days have been so hard.
Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue


Free Counters


Free Counter


No comments: