Tuesday, June 19, 2007

...Amazing

I hope all of you dads out there had a Happy Father's day. Peter's monument was put in last week, just in time for Father's Day. It is the most amazing, beautiful monument I have ever seen. I had our picture etched into the stone, it looks just like us. Pete from Everlasting Memorials is just amazing, the workmanship is flawless. I feel much better with the monument in place, now everyone can see the wonderful man who is buried there (there was just a cross marking his grave before). It was a year ago we were at the Mayo Clinic for his biopsy. At this point last year we were meeting with the local doctor's who would eventually take care of him. It was 19 years ago we had our first date, a movie and dancing at the club where we first met, his 25th birthday.

My nephew, on Peter's side, had his graduation party this past Saturday, it was huge!! My sister-in-law is so good at doing party's, I think she should consider being a party planner. It was put together so nicely, everything just flowed. The decorations, the tables, everything was just so...amazing!! My in-laws are Greek, so picture My Big Fat Greek Wedding with the lamb on the spit and relatives everywhere. The only difference was, we were in the backyard!!! (Maria if you read this I mean it in a good way, you are... amazing!!!!!) We had a very nice time, I couldn't get the kids to leave, we got home at midnight.

Teddy, Robbie, and Katie started Bible Camp yesterday, they are enjoying it. Helen starts summer school on Monday, it's only for a couple of hours in the morning, but I think she needs it. It will keep her brain active and everything fresh in her mind for the summer. She really enjoys school, every morning she will ask me if she has school, even on the week-end. I'm having a tough time with her lately, she is having quite a few accidents in her pants. It was happening mostly when she was outside, so I figured she didn't want to come in the house to take care of business. Today she had a couple while inside, I just can't figure it out, maybe it has to do with my mom's death. Helen would go into my room where my mom was staying and sit on the bed and sing her songs. Sometimes she would just go in there, sit on the bed and be silly. Either way, she went in to visit Grandma and now she is gone. I don't know, maybe that's what it is.

My good friend has offered to take all of the kids one day a week so I can have a day for myself. The first day is Thursday, I hope she will survive!!! That is a lot to take on when you are not used to it, that is definitely a true friend. I haven't decided on what to do, I need to run errands but I don't want to waste my day on chores. I am hoping to maybe catch a movie, I will just have to wait and see how things go. I will let you know.

Still hard days.
Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue


Free Counters




Free Counter



No comments: