Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Helen Loved The Buddy Walk

Hi everyone, hope your week is going well. We had a very nice time at the Buddy Walk, Helen had a blast. I hardly saw her at all, well, I did see her playing at all of the inflatables so I guess I meant to say, I hardly spent anytime with her!! I had to drag her away so she could eat and go potty, when we were done, she was off and running back to the fun. This was my first time being an exhibitor and I think it showed. It was a bit overwhelming, thank goodness Sherry has the experience with this. It certainly doesn't help that I am quite shy, a trait that used to drive Peter crazy!!! I have a feeling that I will now drive my sister crazy, but I certainly am going to try my best.

I had a difficult day today, emotionally, I have felt on the verge of tears all day. It started as soon as I woke up. I had a dream about my mom, my best friend, and her mom (she was a second mom to me, she passed away 15 yrs. ago). It was one of those crazy dreams that don't make much sense, but the feeling of having them with me and talking to me made me sad. I kept thinking of them and also of Peter all day. When I went to pick Grace up from school, I saw Katie's teacher and we talked a little. I don't want to go into detail, Katie is having a hard time. It was very upsetting to me, but I have taken the steps towards getting the help we need. My heart is breaking for her, when I am ready, I will share.

Tomorrow is Robbie's first den meeting as a Tiger Cub, he is so excited. We are going to do the achievement of going outdoors, we are supposed to have nice weather. We are going to take a walk to the lakefront, along the path is a monument to a few firefighters who lost their lives in a fire. I have never been down this path, our den leader has and said it's a nice trail. He asked if I would want to go over fire safety with the boys. I'm thinking, "Why Me?" I said I would, I figured I would review what they have already learned at school, stop, drop, and roll! Wish me luck.

Yesterday I took my car into the shop because the brakes were acting very weird. Bob, the mechanic, took it for a little drive with us in the car (Grace, Noah, and myself). We were discussing the brake issues and Bob is driving and testing, the kids were very quiet. Bob jumps and turns to look behind him, he didn't realize the kids were with us and Noah had kicked his seat. I laughed so hard, it was so funny!! They kept my car all day and ended up giving me all new brake pads. I just had my brakes fixed a couple of months ago, so this shouldn't have happened. Hopefully the problem is fixed! Bonus-I didn't have to pay for it!!!

I'm going to cut it short tonight, I just want to go and relax for a bit. I apologize, I know this post isn't up to my usual standards. It truly has been a tough day for me and I just don't have it in me tonight. Sorry.

Until next time-
Take Care,
Sue


Free Counters


Free Counter

No comments: