Monday, September 24, 2007

A Summer Cold

My mind has been jumping around like a cat on a hot tin roof. I've tried to contemplate what to write about today but am unable to think through any topic beyond a fleeting thought. I have a summer cold. My oldest son passed it along to me.

So while I can't focus my feverish brain long enough to eek out an entry today, I have been pondering colds all day. I realized during my ruminations that I haven't had a cold for about 4 years. That was a nice respite. When I was in law school, while also working full time in the corporate world, I had at least two nasty colds every year - one after each finals period. The summer I took a class - Evidence - I got a summer cold after that final too. My mind and body always held out long enough, and produced the necessary adrenaline, to get me through finals. And then, when the finals were over and the adrenaline stopped pumping, the inevitable cold overtook me. I'm so glad those days are behind me; I hate colds.

So, sorry there's nothing more engaging today. Talk to you in a few days when I know I'll be more clear-headed and I may have something less inane to write about.


Free Counters

Free Counter

No comments: